CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] 160m band plan

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 160m band plan
From: ku8e1@yahoo.com (Jeffrey Clarke)
Date: Tue Oct 29 10:59:52 2002
Speaking of band plans.... What about 40 meters too ?? I think I worked
some guys transmitting on SSB as low as 7005. I even heard some well
known EU stations call guys in the CARR who were listening up above
7150 and playing "dumb" about being out of the band. Seems like some
stations will do just about anything to make a QSO ???

                 Jeff KU8E

--- Jon Zaimes AA1K <jon.zaimes@dol.net> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Regardless of the FCC position, it is still the band plan and lots of
> us
> still abide by it. Hopefully everyone will.
>
> I passed up dozens of QSOs from DX that were operating simplex below
> 1843
> this weekend, and I know many other 160 meter ops followed the same
> practice. DX stations need to be aware that they are sacrificing QSOs
> by
> not listening above 1843 for stateside.
>
> BTW I heard many Europeans and others operating transceive above 1843
> --
> now if conditions had only cooperated!
>
> 73/Jon AA1K
>
> >From ARRL Letter 10/26 quoting Riley Hollingsworth:
>
> <quote>
>
> >Hollingsworth says that operation that does not comply with a
> generally
> >accepted band plan such as ARRL's is not illegal. He points out,
> >however, that band plans--to the extent that they're followed--do
> help
> >to keep down friction among various users and make his job a lot
> easier.
>
> >"I don't consider it a big deal. I was just trying to raise
> awareness,"
> >he said, adding that the FCC has no intention of making band plan
> >compliance mandatory.
> ><unquote>
>
> >so now we can do ssb below 1843??????????
>
> >I wish someone would make up our minds.
>

> >David Robbins K1TTT

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/