CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Again?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Again?
From: bob.naumann@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Fri Jan 24 16:06:10 2003
Dick,

The clear distinction is that with packet, you have involved other operators
with you which then means that you are no longer single-operator.

All of the other things that are part of a SO2R set up are things you, as a
single operator control and use.

This distinction is why there are other categories for packet use that are
properly named such as:

Single-Op Plus Packet
Single-Op Plus Net
Single-Op Assisted
etc.

Those contests that do not draw a distinction between packet use and single op,
have essentially changed to a Single-Op Assisted only.  There is no category
for single operator in those contests any longer.  I believe that the WAE is
this way now.

73,
Bob
N5NJ