CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Re: SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: SO2R
From: w9wi@w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Sun Jan 26 06:44:17 2003
On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 11:45:45PM -0500, cq-contest-request@contesting.com
wrote:
> From: Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca>
> this skill. However, it also implies that the station set-up is some what
> out of the ordinary due merely  to the fact that they can copy on one band
> and transmit on the other. The sort of rf isolation can't be bought off the
> shelf. It is an unusual class of operator AND an unusual class of station.

It's not as hard as one might think, at least for low-power operation.

I've got a 132' Windom run between the tower and a tree.  With extra rope,
the tower end starts about 30' from the tower.  With that arrangement
connected to the second radio, I can work most band combinations without
interference and without bandpass filters.  (you do have to stay away from
your own harmonics<grin>!)  It's proven quite effective in domestic contests
and at least helpful in DX tests.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66