CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R
From: k8khz@yahoo.com (Sean Fleming)
Date: Sun Jan 26 11:47:31 2003
I think I will quit contesting cause I will never win with my small station. I
can not afford another radio.  I havve no internet connection with packet.
HMMMMMMMM is that a solution? All that would be left is you Big Gun and SO2R,
and your QSO rate might fall 25 finally.

Or would you like to be competitive like real contestors that compete in the
IARU contest. where your system is the same. same tower, same amount of radios.
You know trouble is this;

"For one glorious year I had bragging rights to the Dakota Division record for
SS
LP Phone.  The next year a better operator, N0BSH (now K9NW), at a better
station, N0AT, took it away from me by a huge margin.  My goal is to overcome
whatever advantages N0BSH @ N0AT had and reclaim those bragging rights.  If the
contest sponsor mucks around and puts hired guns or SO2R in a different
category, then I won't have that opportunity."

that is a complaint about not having enough  equipment. I hope yaesu makes more
money. You know I would like to see the people with the big towers and the
multi radios make that many q's with my wire and 100 watts. Or would they be
back intherest of the pack. I belive this would be the case.

I tell you that until you separate the guest ops from the real single ops then
always will they win. I just dont see any fun in winning all the time if all
you use is soley advantages. The real thing I look for is an improvement in
like my LCR getting calls right. I look for improving operating skills.
Obviously some people like buying ther plaque here.

I dont. I like working at a large station dont get me wrong. but I know that it
has advantages against a smaller station and I will belive always cause it is
the truth that a SO2R does not belong in the single person catagory. Neither
does a packet assisted person. only difference of the two is the dial turning
amount.

to sum this all up. If you are complaining cause you might get beat if they
make you competeing with someone of your own catagory with simuliar staion
setup then you are the complainer not us. some people like to compete on an
even playing field with two shoes not one for the race.

check out my website @ http://www.k8khz.com

You can reach me mobile on the Echolink callsign W8OAK.

Add me to your instant messenger AIM, Yahoo, ICQ. USER Name K8KHZ.