CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] so2r antenna reversing switch

Subject: [CQ-Contest] so2r antenna reversing switch
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Tue Jan 28 09:40:24 2003
In my rinky-dink so2r setup, I have one large tribander
on a tower, and one small, low tribander on a pipe mast.

I'm thinking of building a reversing switch, such that
the S&P radio has the option of automatically transmitting
on the larger antenna.

The reversing switch would be a dpdt relay, driven by
the Radio A or Radio B PTT signals, or the Kenwood
12vdc-on-transmit signals.

There would be a sp3t switch to select:
1. No reverse
2. Radio A S&P reverse
3. Radio B S&P reverse

I suppose the RF switching could even be done on the fly in
my WX0B Six-Pak, if the relays are fast enough.

Amplifier tuning into the two antennas is slightly different,
but not so different that it would be a problem on S&P.

Has anyone tried this at high power? Any thoughts on the subject?

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ