CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Rescoring VHF Contest Logs

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rescoring VHF Contest Logs
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kharker@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:01:09 -0600
     The ARRL Programs and Services Committee VHF-UHF Contest and Awards
Subcommittee has recently published several proposed rules changes for
ARRL VHF/UHF contests.  If you are an ARRL member or contest participant,
and you haven't already seen the proposal, you can read it online here:
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2004/02/26/2/?nc=1

     I have written a Perl program that can read in multiple Cabrillo logs
for the ARRL January, June, and September VHF contests, and compute
eight different scores - variations on the current scoring formulas,
distance scoring, different multiplier rules for the rover category, etc.
The code and a more detailed explanation is available here:

     http://www.wm5r.org/rescore/

     You can feed all your VHF contest logs into this code and see exactly
how much difference the various possible scoring formulas would have made
on your contest score.  I welcome feedback.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops