CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Spotting and YN4FD

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Spotting and YN4FD
From: "Jose Valdes" <jvaldesr@cantv.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:37:02 -0000
Bob,

As a DX station I operate from Venezuela, therefore I don't work none W/VE
stations in the ARRL contest, but  along with ON4UN and PJ2T, my station was
one of the most active/spotted stations on 80 meters, and often during the
contest, and wile operating simplex, I used the second receiver of my MK-V
to see what the competition was doing and to compare propagation, and in the
close to 19 hours that I spent in the band I never heard YN4FD, the only
active Central American stations heard at this end were V31H, TI1CH and
TG9NX, the latest one was in the band only an hour or so the second night.

It is odd that a DX station active in the ARRL SSB with that amount of QSO
was not spotted a single time, "something is rotten in Denmark".

73/DX Jose M. Valdes R. (Joe) YV5LIX
eQSL.cc Advisory Board Member
QSL manager EA7FTR
SYSOP YV5LIX DX Cluster