CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results

To: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 07:44:35 -0700 (PDT)
--- W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> June 2006 QST contains a double-barreled reminder of the unfortunate
> ARRL policy re non-publishing of contest results.

> With all due respect to Ford and Kelly, I firmly believe a simple
> tabulation -- in print -- of *all* (repeat -- *all*) entrants by
> Division and Section does more to encourage youngsters, non-contesters,
> and our fellow club members to get on and make QSOs than all the
> wordsmithing about a handful of elite category leaders.

Bud, the ARRL made a BUSINESS decision.  Whether we like to believe it or not,
contesters are a SMALL minority of QST readers. They get the amount of space
proportional to that readership.

I agree it's unfortunate, but we can't change the facts.

73 - Jim AD1C

p.s. I was at Barnes & Noble last week picking up the May "Harpers" to read the
article about W6AM's rhombics.  While browsing, I noticed a "CQ Magazine"
prominently displayed in front of the "Men's Interest" section (along with
hunting, fishing, etc. magazines) but did not see "QST".

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us