CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Phonetics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics
From: Dan Goodwin <zone2dx@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 04:02:07 -0700 (PDT)
>People get carried away with Phonetics.

 >For example, it is much easier to copy the word Nebraska, say the whole
>thing, rather then "Ne"  which some mush mouths make it sound like "Me".
>Same for wasting time saying something longer like November Echo instead of
>just saying Nebraska.

>There are only so many sections in SS. It is not heard to figure them out.

>73, Al

True there are only so many sections…However why is it that every year lots of
people, mainly our friends south of the border, continue to ask or assume that
VO1 is MAR as opposed to NL? I have to correct many times that it’s “November
Lima”, Newfoundland. While I appreciate the challenges in knowing the sections
for ones own country, let alone another country with many more sections, “I”
prefer to be sent the sections phonetically.

Just my two cents worth, FWIW.

Dan Goodwin

VO1MX VO2ZZ