CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] 28 Mhz in CW NAQP

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 28 Mhz in CW NAQP
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:42:10 -0500

  Thanks for reminding everyone Mark...

  Don't forget to check after dark as well. Many of us tend to forget about
20/15/10 meters when it gets dark and those bands are usually dead. I remember
the 10 meter contest a few years ago (because this was the weekend my 3 year
old girl was born) I had come home from being at the hospital with my wife and
I just happened to turn on the radio to see if anyone was on. Tha band turned
out to be full of stations in the east coast and midwest and it was midnight !!

 Over this past Xmas holiday I just happened to tune 10 meters one night and
W1AW was booming in. I called CQ but no one knew the band was open so I spotted
myself and work some guys on the east coast. Just for fun I tuned down to 15
meters and W1AW was booming in on that band as well. In fact I could hear the
W1AW code practice on all the bands except for 20 meters. How often does that
happen ?

Jeff  KU8E