CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Life in the World of Packet

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Life in the World of Packet
From: mike l dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:50:20 -0800
Ah, yes Packet. I was sitting there about 0630Z on twiddling the dial on
40m with the HRO60/304TH/dipole up at about 25 feet, and i heard ZL1KMN
working some EU stations and gave him a shout, and then ZK2PR came on
just below him, and i was about #4 on his list.

And what do you know happened next?

All of a sudden there was a PILE of guys calling him, my goodness,
everyone decided stop watching TV and wander out to the shack and twiddle
the dial of their radio on 40m AT THE SAME TIME! What a coincidence!

mike w7dra