CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] CTU Survey Results

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CTU Survey Results
From: Andy Blank <n2nt@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 07:12:18 -0400
With thanks to those of you who took the time to fill out the survey
results for contest software;
Here is the link to the results of the survey:

http://www.kkn.net/~n2nc/CTU_2007_Logging_Programs/

Unfortunately the survey was designed to take text based answers. Big mistake.
It was very difficult to sort the over 500 responses.

Because of this, I included the raw data spreadsheet. The callsigns
are omitted to maintain anonymity.
You can read the responses and comments directly on the spreadsheet
if you have the patience :-).

Note:
The program choice is in Column D, where:
1= CT
2=TRlog
3=Writelog
4=NA
5=N1MM
6=Wintest
7=SD

I also included the Contest University (CTU) PDF presentation given in Dayton.
It was designed as a primer to introduce new programs to beginners
and includes some survey results.

I learned some lessons from this experience including never to make a
text based survey again!
Also, hams are very loyal to their software. Even more so when they
are free :-).
Additionally, the best operators can adapt to any software in short
order. Plus, they use specific packages when they work better for
specific contests.

Thanks for all the responses.

73, Andy N2NT