CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] WK6I's winery on Wikipedia Main Page

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WK6I's winery on Wikipedia Main Page
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:15:00 -0700
     For the past several years, the bottles of wine awarded to category
winners in the California QSO Party have come from Jeff Stai WK6I,
owner of Twisted Oak Winery in the foothills of California's Sierra Nevada
Mountains.  An article on the winery is currently featured on the Main
Page of the English language Wikipedia in the "Did You Know?" section:

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

     If you missed it (the "Did You Know?" updates every six hours or so with
fresh topics), this is the article:

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Oak_Winery

     I'm a big fan of Jeff's wine, and recommend the winery as a fun place
to visit if you're ever being a tourist in northern California.

     And while I have people's attention, the Wikipedia article on Contesting
could use a few more photos and maybe some audio clips of contest QSOs or
even a short video clip of contesting in action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contesting

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com