CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 CQ WW 160m DX Contest - Missing Class???

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 CQ WW 160m DX Contest - Missing Class???
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:20:37 -0800 (PST)
> The power reading error range of a Bird 43 using a 250W slug
> (calibrated to factory spec) for both forward and reflected
> power, with about 140 watts forward power and 15 watts
> reflected showing,  would be from 100-150 watts.

Well, since we're having fun taking this seriously, let me pile on -
the Bird 43 is hardly "state of the art" (albeit very useful).
Larry N8LP's LP-100 is probably as good as it gets these days,
and it has

"Power accuracy is better than 5% at any frequency from ~1W to
maximum, 3% typical with NIST traceable factory calibration"

So, nope, you probably can't hang onto exactly 150W.

73 de chris K6DBG