CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] authentication for log submission

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] authentication for log submission
From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@voyackey.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 11:28:34 +0900 (JST)
Change the subject from the original, and removed related References headers.

In article <4FCC7194.3080802@ei5di.com>,
        "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com> wrote,
        on "Mon, 04 Jun 2012 09:28:04 +0100";

} In the days of paper logs, we had to submit a signed
} declaration with each log.  With electronic logs, the
} declaration is assumed, but largely forgotten.  One
} practical solution is for the logging software to
} display the declaration and ask for the operator's
} agreement, by having to type the word YES, before the
} Cabrillo log is created.
}
} The declaration, in effect a pledge that is renewed
} with each entry, is good enough for me.

I'm not sure this was discussed before, but this reminds me that
someone who has malicious intention may submit other station's
log to defeat the station after first submission by actual station.
There looks no authentication method to verify the station for major
contests(please correct me if I am wrong).  Complicated method to
authenticate the station may lead decreasing the number of log
submission, so this may not be applied to all stations.  But I think
there should be some method to authenticate at least for stations who
want to win a prize.

Please ignore this message if my concern is baseless fear, the
contest sponsors have already taken care of this, or we can trust
everybody since we all have good morals.
--
Katsuhiro "Don" Kondou, JH5GHM
Tokyo, JAPAN