CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] IMPORTANT: FT8 and Log Category!

To: wk6i.jeff@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IMPORTANT: FT8 and Log Category!
From: sbloom@acsalaska.net
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 12:48:58 -0500

Jeff:

&nbsp;

I don't have it readily available, but I thought you only had to go as
unlimited, if you were using JTAlert.

&nbsp;

73

Steve KL7SB

&nbsp;

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 12:35:55 -0800, Jeff Stai  wrote:

When submitting your RTTY Roundup log, please ensure that you submit for
the *correct* entry category!

Remember that Rule 7.4 states that all entries that made contacts in FT8
using WSJT *must* enter in one of the **Unlimited** categories (or Multiop,
if you did that.) (Rules here: http://www.arrl.org/rtty-roundup)

On the ARRL's log-submission page, that means *you need to check the
**YES** box* to the following question:

Did you use spotting assistance of any kind at any time during the contest? Yes
No

Maybe you didn't actually use spotting assistance, but ***YES*** to this
question is what puts you properly into the *Unlimited* category.

If you have already submitted a log, you can *correct* the problem by
*resubmitting* it with the **YES** box checked. Only the final log
submission is used for scoring and log-checking.

Log submission page here: http://contest-log-submission.arrl.org/

***All entries must be postmarked or uploaded by 2359 UTC January 13,
2019!***

Please *share* this information with any appropriate groups. 73 jeff wk6i

ps: We're not going to debate the rule here. It's the rule.

--
Jeff Stai ~ WK6I ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com
Ask me about Green Keys Night - Jan 1, 2019 0000-2359 UTC!