CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Closest major airport to Visalia?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Closest major airport to Visalia?
From: sbloom@acsalaska.net
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 18:35:20 -0500

Even from the East Coast, unless I wanted to spend some time in the Bay Area,
I'd still probably fly to Fresno.&nbsp; I'm not sure if you are in Eastern or
Western Pa. but the only non stops from either PIT or PHL go to SFO, which imo,
is kind of a pita (morning fog and heavy traffic), so most likely you are going
to have a connection anyway, and there are several one stop options to
Fresno.&nbsp; It's a nice easy airport to deal with, less than a 1 hour drive
to Visalia, and the drive from the Bay Area out is pretty boring.

73
Steve KL7SB

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 12:56:23 -0800, Jim Brown  wrote:

On 1/8/2019 12:05 PM, WW3S wrote:
&gt; If one wanted to travel to the dx convention by air, where’s the best
place to fly into?

Assuming you want to be on a major airline and have a lot of choices,
San Jose is best (shortest drive, easiest to get in and out), SFO is
second. Oakland is probably also good. All are 3 - 3.5 hours from Visalia.

Be sure to stop at everyone's favorite Basque restaurant in Los Banos
for lunch or dinner. http://www.woolgrowerslosbanos.com/

If you don't want to drive, it may be possible to hitch a ride with one
of the NCCC members.

73, Jim K9YC
&nbsp;