CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] ID in NAQP

To: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>, "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ID in NAQP
From: Ed W0YK <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 10:53:23 -0700
This is not about 2 radios.  On one radio, on one frequency it is
unsportsmanlike to make a lot of successive QSOs without IDing, e.g., sending
your call sign. Packet tells ASSISTED stations who is likely there.  UNASSISTED
station have to wait for the ID.73,Ed W0YK
-------- Original message --------From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com> Date:
8/19/24  10:44  (GMT-08:00) To: "CQ-Contest@contesting.com"
<cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: [CQ-Contest] ID in NAQP K9MA wrote :"For
the first time I can recall, in yesterday's NAQP CW I noticedoperators making
many QSOs between IDs. I suspect this is a consequenceof the new assisted
category.  It is really annoying to those of usoperating unassisted. Please
don't do that!"I'm confused. Don't understand what Scott means by "making QSO's
between ID's" ? Isn't that what stations that do 2SBIQ and SO2R do?When you are
copying the exchange on your CQ frequency you can call someone or send a CQ
TEST on radio #2 as long as you aren'ttransmitting two signals at the same
time. Many people operate this way even they are unassisted. The only
difference betweenassisted vs unassisted is an assisted station can click on
spots in the band map generated by a cluster and make QSO's. BTW the assisted
classin NAQP isn't new. It was added in the August 2021 NAQP CW three years
ago.Jeff KU8E_______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing