CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspotting, and its

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspotting, and its impact
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:53:51 +0000 (UTC)
Good day, Kelly and everyone:

I am concerned about the potential effect of a suggestion "to request the DX
Cluster operators to kindly employ WRTC filters" on the vast majority of
participants in the IARU contest.  Relatively few of the callsigns in my IARU
log are from serious competitors - most are from operators who get on to
increase
country totals, give out a few points, work WRTC competitors, etc..

I think we need to consider the casual operators when discussing proposals like
disabling the packet cluster system or filtering out WRTC calls.  Without them,
contesting would wither away...

73,

Mark, KD4D