CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest analysis available

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest analysis available
From: Stan <ua1out@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:25:23 +0100 (BST)
Hi Randy,

I absolutely agree with you. It is a bit unfair to compare conditions in May
2010 to what RDXC had this year. Even with those unfavorable condx WPX would
have almost twice as many QSOs in total than RDXC. With 15 and hopefully 10
open in the end of May I am sure rates are expected to be significantly higher
compared to last year.

I am also sure that if RDXC format changes to 48 hours (which by the way is
unlikely to happen soon) it's top rates will not be as high as what we see now.
After all, 24 hours of activity presents a rather condensed rate overall
compared to a 48 hour event.

I am personally really looking forward to WPX this month and very much hope
that I will be in Ireland for the test and not traveling as it was during
RDXC...

73!

Stan

> Love seeing statistics about contesting in any form.  Thanks for doing this!

> Difficult to compare anything with WPX CW 2010.  Conditions were the worst
> of all time last year.  Plus, WPX in early summer is a very different time
from RDXC in the late winter.