CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ and S&P on the same band

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ and S&P on the same band
From: "Rex Maner" <k7qq@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:13:36 -0000
In the Mid 70's  at   W7RM  Chip K7JA and I were on 15 SSB doing just that
with one antenna down over a bluff about 300 foot away and 80 or 90 ft above
salt water beaming JA and running.  I was tuning using a pair of stacked 6
el yagi's at 180ft  and was able to call and work stations in So. Amer and
Caribbean within 5 khz without problems.  Both stations were running a KW.
We didn't even bother with and interlock.
Both rigs were Collins S-Line.
 We also were hand logging and Chip was running over 200 Q's  hr. and Rush
was standing behind with his mouth hanging open.  This was Chips  K7JA /
K7VPF (age 17 ) first effort at a big station.   Rush had just told us that
the best run totals he was aware of were by K3EST at about 180 to EU from
the east coast and he would be happy if we had some 150 Q hours.

There might have been times when both stations were    CQing at the same
time ??

Fun Times   LONG GONE

Quack  aka Rex  K7QQ