CQ-Contest

FW: MAS pirate products

Subject: FW: MAS pirate products
From: TSkelton@engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM (Skelton, Tom)
Date: Mon Jul 19 16:13:00 1993
I enjoyed reading Jun's response about "Doglo" and its meaning
as "a skelton, on flags of pirates."   I guess I will change my name
to Tom Doglo to attract lots of JA's in the pileups!

Dear Jun, just so you won't be teased by any more of the USA
guys, the English spelling for "Doglo" is  s k e l e t o n.  I ought to
know, people have been mispronouncing my name for years!  HI!
Thanks for the update on PED.

73, Tom Skelton ("Doglo") WB4IUX

ps:  I like the name "Pirate Software"; I wish he wouldn't change
it!
 ----------
From: hq.tgv.com!tgv.com!cq-contest-relay
To: cq-contest
Subject: Re: MAS pirate products

K2PH writes;

>I picked up a copy of PED from the W6GO BBS and printed out
>the documentation, which said JE3MAS Pirate Software, Inc.
>My question: is this REALLY the name of JE3MAS's software
>organization or is this pirated commercial software?

Do not worry ! It was really made by Mas, JE3MAS. He has been at JA3YKC,
 our university contest club. There we used amps named "Doglo", meaning
a skelton, on flags of pirates. (Have some of you seen photos of Doglos ??)
 So, that was why some of JA3YKC named their home brew ones   " YKC pirate
products". Same reason.

As someones has been afraid, he will not sign "pirate products" anymore.

de Jun JH4RHF/KH2S, a friends of  JE3MAS

p.s. Mas got married several weeks ago. Congs!!!