CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured

To: k5zd@charter.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured
From: Ktfrog007--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 10:40:28 -0400
Actually, there's been a lot of discussion over the years and many
suggestions made to deal with this problem.  Plus alternate  scoring tests to
see
what happens (not much).

The only thing I can see working is a geographical handicapping system
based on historical logs, adjusted each year for the current 90  day SFI (or
whatever correlation works - an exercise left for the quants).   The
geographical resolution would have to be fought over, but for starters it
could be
the areas where awards are given now, countries or call areas  within
countries (as in the US).

This would be a tricky endeavor so I call it the "snowball  in hell"
solution.  In any case, the established contests are too sclerotic  to make any
significant changes.

I think the best solution is for some major national organization (DARC,
JARL, SRR, etc) to start a brand new handicapped contest.  Find a good
weekend near one of the equinoxes and have a 48 hour contest, 24 hours CW and
24
hours phone.  You can operate either or both.  Just a suggestion for a
starting point.

Maybe the Russians could donate their March contest to this effort.

I call this the "Hindenburg" solution.

73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 7/18/2016 22:23:19 Coordinated Universal Time,
k5zd@charter.net writes:

Other than  moving some tectonic plates, what do you suggest would make CQ
WW
more  interesting for those not bordering the Atlantic Ocean?

Not useful to  complain without offering a suggestion.

Randy, K5ZD