CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] DXBase 97 -- Getting Even Better!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] DXBase 97 -- Getting Even Better!
From: bschwerdlin@hlb.com (Bob Schwerdlin)
Date: Tue Jun 24 16:44:24 1997
I am in total aggreement with you.  I have the same feeling about being
nickle and dimed to death for minor upgrades and patches.

I got on the DXBase bandwagon several years ago at Dayton, with version 3.0
 I then paid for several upgrades and was promissed a windows upgrade, but
only after I dropped an additional $35 to upgrade from the, then version
4.0, to go to version 4.6 at which time, Jack said, I needed to make the
upgrade, due to a change in the database structure.  "There are several
enhancements in this version as well" he said.  So I reluctantly paid for
the upgrade.  I don't even use the features (10x10 and county hunters).

I was bummed at Dayton this year, when the windoze version was still not
available (yet) and was told that I need to upgrade on the spot for the
lowest possible upgrade cost and that WIN DXBase 97 would be shipped soon.
The upgrade cost even for a previous user was $70.  (NO WAY AM I GONNA PAY
AGAIN).

I will still use the DOS version, 4.6 for a while, then I will jump ship to
DX4WIN.  I saw it Dayton this year and it looked great.  The cost was in
line at about $70 and the support looked great.  It will even import my
DXBase files.  I'm looking forward to making the switch.

Best of luck, from a longtime DOS DXBase user, that's about to jump ship.

73

Bob, WG9L, V31RC, FP/WB9VLV