CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] 9M0C will not contest in ARRL!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 9M0C will not contest in ARRL!
From: k8dd@contesting.com (Hank Kohl K8DD)
Date: Fri Feb 20 10:02:39 1998
At 01:47 AM 2/20/98 -0500, I saw:

>Someone said:.........

Something about
>     >From the 9M0C Webpage:
>>!   The group will not operate the ARRL CW contest this weekend.

That's too bad......But I guess that is their choice.  If I were in
that position where I didn't want to work the participants of the
ARRL CW contest (can't imagine that happening when the certificate
for that country is at stake!) I'd operate SSB, RTTY or AM.
Otherwise there will most likely be an exchange of verbage on the
CW frequencies in question!

>     Guys, PLEASE keep 1824.5 clear during 1130-1530 UTC of the
ARRL
>     contest.  .... JA's: PLEASE do not QSX USA from 1824 to 1825.
 I am a
>     contester too, and owe many new ones due to activity in the
contests.
>     But let's keep clear of their frequency this weekend!

Some of  the TPF's and GOB's on 3852 are contesters, and they also
request a clear freq.  Not quite as politely, but they do request
one!  Sometimes they get one and sometimes they don't.

Doesn't make sense to me, but not a lot does, some days!

Good luck in the contest.

73    Hank

*/     Hank Kohl  K8DD        k8dd@contesting.com
*/     ARRL TS                (k8dd@tir.com)
*/     G-QRP     ARRL/LM      QCWA/LM    QCAO/LM
*/     QRP-ARCI - Director    MI-QRP - Vice Pres.
*/     http://www.QRPARCI.org
*/          http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/2844/miqrp.htm