CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] WPX Category question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Category question
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Tue Feb 24 03:00:21 1998
Well I have looked and looked on the internet, and asked around, but no one
apparently can answer my question, so I thought I would ask it to the the
reflector.

In 1996 CQ started with some new catagories for the WPX contest; TS,
Rookie, and BR.
My question is do these catagories receive awards for being top ten or 1st
place or whatever the case may be?

The main reason is I was 1st place in the World in the 97 WPX rookie
category. And heck, I gotta have someting to put up on the shelf and brag
about, especially since it was my first ever contest as a single op.

Thanks,
Mike...NO6X

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x