CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Serial port card

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Serial port card
From: sbookout@mnsinc.com (Steve Bookout)
Date: Fri Feb 27 08:45:14 1998
Hello Cesar,

I have had good luck with a product called a "Rocket port" by Comtrol.
The one I have  uses one IRQ to work across 4 additional serial ports.

I have had good result with it under Windows 95 and have recommended it to
many users of DX4WIN.

Their home page is under construction, but here is the URL:

http://www.rocketport.com/

It does have the  phone number, email, and address.

As I recall, the four port board I bought was about $210.  I believe they
have boards with u to 32 additional ports!

I think if I had to do again, I would have bought the one with 8 ports.
It's only about $50 more.

73 de Steve, NJ4F

At 09:27 AM 2/27/98 -0300, py2yp@pobox.com wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I'm using a serial port card 4-Com by the STB System Inc. This card is
>provide 4 serial ports and is supposed to share the IRQ. Actually it
>does only in DOS mode, using it under Windows 95 I have experienced some
>problems either under native Windows software or with DOS software
>working in a DOS window.
>There is another serial port card in the market that really shares the
>IRQ under Windows 95?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>73 DX de PY2YP - Cesar
>(ZZ2Z in the contests)
>mailto:py2yp@pobox.com
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

Steve Bookout, NJ4F
Rapidan Data Systems

'DX4WIN...The way logging programs should be!'
Free demo at http://www.erols.com/pvander