CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Real signal reports

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Real signal reports
From: genewill@ordata.com (Gene A. Williamson)
Date: Thu Jun 12 09:53:51 1997
>everybody out of the group who likes to exchange real (with all the critical
>comments from K3WW in mind) or at least varying RSTs (e.g. at least a 559 to
>the stations we have had repeating the exchange 5 times) please JUST START TO
>DO IT.

In those Dim, Dark Days between real signal reports and chip-embedded 5NNs,
we then-young squirts were advised to choose from one of four reports:

        539 -- pretty weak
        559 -- OK sigs
        579 -- strong
        599 -- WOW!

That from-nine-to-four reduction in possibilities takes a lot of pressure
off the ol' thinker during a contest. Besides, when you send everything on
a bug, it's nice to have a little variation!

73 Gene K7dBV                                           genewill@ordata.com
"DX is always five-nine-niner. Always!" . . . de Cass, WA6AUD

From: Glenn Swanson <gswanson@arrl.org> (Glenn Swanson)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some Logging Software Sources

Greetings,

I've added some links to several logging software providers Web pages
(from my personal web page). Some of the programs are for Windows, too.

Here's the URL:

    http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1138/index.html

(Yea, I know, it's a really long URL...)

Click on "software page" from the main menu on my home page.

Sincere 73,
Glenn, KB1GW
Avon, CT
kb1gw-home@juno.com