CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] 30m contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 30m contest
From: okh.npi@gte.net (Rich Dailey, KA8OKH)
Date: Sat Jan 27 05:19:14 2001
0500 utc Jan 27 -

A K0 is calling cq test and working stateside qso's using <report/state>
exchange on 10.109.  Is there some sort of 30m contest going on?
I thought 30m was contest free.

Rich, KA8OKH

From: Leigh S. Jones" <kr6x@kr6x.com (Leigh S. Jones)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wire Coiling for the impatient ?

In North America we have a radio contest each summer named "Field Day" that
is a little bit like going on a contest DXpedition except that it occurs in
relatively good weather and very close to home.  My radio club kept dipoles
and an associated short piece of coaxial cable together on a spool, one
antenna to a spool.  To deploy the antenna, a short length of pipe was
passed through the middle of the spool, the free end of the coaxial cable
was held in place and the operator walked slowly backward holding the pipe.
The spools used came from the radio store where the wire and coaxial cable
was purchased.