CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Dayton Hamvention & Contest/DX activity there?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Hamvention & Contest/DX activity there?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Jan 14 08:35:55 2002
At 08:23 PM 1/13/02 -0700, Ron Klein - W0OSK wrote:

>I've been told that in the past there are various Contesting/DXing
>events (banguet(s) and whatever else) that occur at the Crowne
>Plaza Hotel in Dayton.
>
>Anybody know what's scheduled there for Hamvention 2002. I
>managed to book a room there for the XYL and myself for our first
>Hamvention trip (after 42 years licensed, it's about time I go!). While
>I haven't been real active in recent years, DXing/Contesting is still
>where my interests are focused.

You'll want to follow http://www.hamvention.org/.  Not much there now,
except a denial that the Hara Arena is scheduled to be razed, and the
assurance that the Hamvention will go on this year as usual.

In past years, all the big banquets have been at the Crowne Plaza.  Last
June when room sales opened for Hamvention weekend, they said they sold out
in the first 40 minutes (much faster than usual).  I'd be curious when you
got your room.

73, Pete N4ZR

The revised World Contest
Station Database