CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Power Entry

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Power Entry
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Feb 19 08:24:15 2002
At 12:02 AM 2/19/02 -0000, Steve Baron - KB3MM wrote:

>One guy was sending "i" for power - on 80 meters !  Same guy was sending KW
>the next day on other bands.

And then there was the guy who gave me 168.  I assume he thought it was a
serial number contest, and people had not been very helpful in pointing out
the proper exchange.

Fortunately, if I recall last year's discussion correctly, the log-checking
software identifies stations whose exchange is "unstable" and doesn't ding
you for them.  I know that I logged a lot of "K" and "KW", or "50" and
"050" from the same stations last year and didn't get hurt.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower