CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] RE: Clicks and splatter

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Clicks and splatter
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri Mar 9 10:57:06 2001
With his permission, I'm forwarding the following message I received today
from Michael Tracy, KC1SX, of the ARRL Lab.  I call your attention in
particular to the expanded test report for the IC-756, which includes
spectrum analyzer displays for several other radios.

Can one of the more technially-versed among us comment on how well this
test characterizes the "clickiness" of a given radio?  Should a test also
be run using split frequencies, to check for synthesizer issues?  Or RIt on
and off...?

I'd be interested to know how the FT-1000MP, FT-1000D and Omni 6+ would
compare under comparable conditions.

73, Pete N4ZR