CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:35:17 +0000
KX4S writes:
> When a "Sunday driver" guy calls me in the contest from DJ and  sends me
> 5901 instead of 5914, that clearly is wrong.  You're saying that I  should log
> it as 5901 and not make the correction?

You can try to walk a non-contester into making a complete proper exchange. I
heard this being done successfully by many of the finest sweepstakes operators
this past weekend.  It is a skill that I have not yet mastered.

But if that fails, you log what he sent and move on.  Logging something that
was not sent, or not confirmed by the other guy, sounds like a poor choice to
me.

Tim.