CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Rare American entities

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rare American entities
From: "Richard F. DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 10:45:16 -0400
Times change.  I remember when KH7, KH3, KH4, and KH9 were pretty damned easy to work (at least from this former W6s perspective). Navy, USCG, and USAF personnel were all over those islands and often boredom set in and ham radio was a very viable outlet.

Solution on KH4 would be to get one of the FWS workers a license.  Of course, times are different, with cable and satellite TV and internet.

73 Rich NN3W

On 4/13/2018 10:39 PM, Charles Harpole wrote:
Remarkable that about ten of the top 100 most-needed entities are on USA
property.  License is a snap;  permits are not, I guess.
Surprise anyway how any USA entities should be so high in the list.  Then,
there is 4U1UN right there in NYC and lying fallow too.

Groaning, 73,
Charly, HS0ZCW