CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Newbie CW logging questions

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Newbie CW logging questions
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:04:56 -0600
My answers below.

On 2/21/09, David Levine <david@levinecentral.com> wrote:

> I am participating (very limited) in my first CW contest this weekend. I
> have a couple questions on logging for the ARRL DX contest. Maybe it's as
> simple as "whatever they send is exactly what I log".
>
> 1) If a DX station sends "KW" as their power, I think I log KW, correct?

That's what I do - never had a problem with it being rejected.

2) If a DX station sends "K" as their power, do I log K or KW?

I've ususlly logged it as KW.

3) If a DX station sends "5TT" as their power, do I log 5TT or 500?

I always log the uncut numbers. I would log that as 500.

4) Every station is of course sending 5NN as the report. Does it matter if
> N1MM is logging as 599 vs 5NN?

I use CT which automatically fills in 599 unless you specify otherwise. But
see # 3 above.

I'm hoping the first 2 replies to this don't say the exact opposite of what
> to do. Thanks in advance for the answers.
>
> David - K2DSL

GL & 73, Zack W9SZ
back to the contest ...