CQ-Contest

ARRL Plaques

Subject: ARRL Plaques
From: blckhole@ripco.com (Keith Morehouse - WB9TIY)
Date: Wed Oct 9 14:50:57 1996
PGENTRY wrote:

>  Has anyone ever gotten a plaque from the league that has the calls
> listed on it...

The three or four I have on the wall from the early 80's only have the
station callsign.  I think CQ is the only sponsor to put individual
operators calls on the plaques.

---------------------------###-----------------------------
PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
Keith J. Morehouse / WB9TIY / Society of Midwest Contesters
847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail: blckhole@ripco.com
---------------------------###-----------------------------

From: k7fr@ncw.net (Gary Nieborsky) (Gary Nieborsky)
Subject: cqww certificates

This may seem redundant to some out there but before last years CQWW CW I
had no reason to EVER expect to have to wonder about this.

How long after the CQWW results are printed does the certificate arrive?
Our M/M op last year got the bold print in the listings so we are eagerly
awaiting our wallpaper.

Reply direct please.

Thanks!

Gary K7FR

From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller) (Lee Buller)
Subject: Da Birds

I have heard that a rubber snake is used to scare off birds....

My dad used one in his cherry trees and it worked!

But, how do explain that to the neighbors?

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net

From: k4fpf@patriot.net (Paul Valentino) (Paul Valentino)
Subject: Ekletech Still In Business?

Anyone know if Ekletech (maker of remote tuning knobs for Kenwood and =
Yaesu) is still in business?  If so, what is present mailing address?  I =
got a forwarding order expired notice for 375 Uthe Lane, St louis, MO =
63033.

Thanks & 73,

Paul Valentino, K4FPF
k4fpf@patriot.net

From: kb8nnu@cris.com (R. David Eagle) (R. David Eagle)
Subject: PLANS FOR EWE ANT

Howdy all.... I am currently looking for plans for the ever popular EWE
receiving antenna. If anybody knows where i can find these plans, i would
appreciate some info.
                        Please reply directly.
                                Thanks ....Dave E.(KB8NNU)
                                e-mail: kb8nnu@cris.com

From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller) (Lee Buller)
Subject: Band Reject Coaxial Stubs

The orginal message talked about FD.  One of the things to consider is
spacing.  I have used stubs also, but most FD operations tend to "clump"
together.  The rules state you have a 1,000 yard radius to put up station.
I would suggest that one of the ways to increase rejection/interference is
to increase the space between antennas...and or reduce power.

Just my two cents of brain power....whoops...I guess I am done for the day
Bye

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net
"Now...where is that 610-V?"

From: kt4ld@juno.com (Andrew H Lewis) (Andrew H Lewis)

I would be curious to know as well because I got my calllsign listed in
bold for last year's CQWW SSB contest and haven't received anything yet!

                                                            73
                                                           KT4LD-ANDREW
LEWIS
                                                           16 YEARS OLD