CQ-Contest

NEW VIRUS INFO

Subject: NEW VIRUS INFO
From: jefray@comsys.net (Jerry Fray)
Date: Thu Oct 10 22:54:41 1996
k4sb@avana.net wrote:

> Well, the info on the good times virus was interesting. However, here is
> a real alert.
>
> >From Symantec BBS. A version of PKZIP is currently being placed on variou
> BBSs around the country. It is named PK300.ZIP. This is NOT a new version
> of PKZIP. The latest, and authenic one is PK204G.ZIP.
>
> Check the Symantec board for more info.
>
> 73
>
> Ed
Hi Ed -
        What was the DATE on the bulletin on PKZ300???? I run a LL based BBS
and that msg came out at least 2 yrs ago! I have never seen the file
anywhere I have been as yet, BBS's or Internet. Doesn't mean it don't
exist just that as a SYSOP I try to stay on top of these things.

--
-73-
Jerry KB9NMU