CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] NA SPRINT CW Issues

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NA SPRINT CW Issues
From: Mike Tessmer <mtessmer@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:27:40 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
>The horrific Digital/RTTY conflict issue on 40m still needs to be eliminated
>from NA CW Sprint future events.

The end of the world was predicted with the rare conflict of ARRL RTTY Roundup
and NAQP CW earlier this year.  It didn't happen that way but within the
discussion someone noted the mostly open territory between 7100 and 7125.  In
that context it was why isn't there more RTTY activity up there?

So in another context, why not try to migrate the February CW Sprint activity
to that segment?  Face it, 99.9% of the CW sprint activity is by "sprinters"
with very few ops who just happen to tune across the chaos and jump in.  It
would seem with ample pre-contest publicity in this forum and via club mediums,
pretty much anyone interested in the CW sprint would get the word.  I offer
this ONLY for the February CW Sprint (September doesn't seem to have much
conflict.)  The XE RTTY contest isn't going away.  Who knows what the next
major DXpedition in early Feb will be but chances are there will be one and
they'd be listening up on the low end of 40.  Toss in the FOC marathon.  The
weekend swap has already been tried but with the exponential rise in WPX RTTY
activity that weekend - a major contest now - that won't work.

Any particular reason this would not work?  Am I missing anything?

73, Mike K9NW