CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] QSLing.

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSLing.
From: brian coyne via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 15:59:30 +0000 (UTC)

 From: brian coyne <g4odv@yahoo.co.uk>
 To: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
 Sent: Saturday, 31 December 2016, 22:12
 Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSLing.

 >> I would think that the majority of 'serious' QSLers
>>check QRZ.COM.
The problem is that they don't, and other guys who use QSL Managers  will tell
you the same, so despite my instructions on QRZ.Com I still get direct cards. I
will respond only to cards where the contacts were for calls I used  long ago,
prior to using a Manager when my logs were all handwritten and I never had the
time nor energy to input to a PC. In addition our 5B buro receive many via
buro  cards for me which end up in the bin. We Contester's generate the
greatest number of qso's and card requests and I am convinced that many of the
buro senders have never heard of QRZ.Com and others, particularly DL's,  just
feed cards into the printer or label machines in sufficient numbers to cover
the entire contest. to cover the entire contest..

Having said the above  if I can find a mail address  for the card sender in QRZ
then I will refer them to my Manager but it remains that they have wasted their
stationary and postage, IRC and $ costs sending to me. I initially felt guilty
about this but no longer, they will never learn the lesson unless they pause to
think just why they have not obtained a reply.

73 & HNY to all.Brian 5B4AIZ / C4Z.