CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Re: WPX rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: WPX rules
From: gussam@newcomm.net (Gus Samuelson)
Date: Wed Mar 3 14:19:01 1999
Randy Thompson wrote:

> The WPX is a great contest because of the international activity.  It has
> never received much respect in the USA because the log checking has always

IMHO the WPX will now be better !! The gold mine of great
USA pxs can only now grow due to increased activity. When WE9 or KU7
are just as good as VU2 ( point diff ) adding more only improves the
situation.
Now when Europe fades on me
I can turn my beam SW and look for an even bigger pile ( hopefully ).

BTW   Randy the log checking in WPX for those who are not aware,is now
comparable
to ARRL dx & CQWW , I am presently doing a  complete analysis of my last
year's
 log, Courtesy of Steve  N8BJQ   having provided me a copy of my UBN
report.
So far it makes for some interesting reading.  I have already begun to
draw some conclusions about the process and my own operating habits -
techniques.When finished
I might prepare a summary for posting here .
Contesting - a living/learning experience.

C Y'all on the Weekend. GLWCDR.
73 Gus/VO1MP