CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q
From: 9A3A@spidernet.com.cy (Ivo Pezer, 5B4ADA&9A3A)
Date: Fri May 7 14:25:16 1999
I've not been following up on this subject (too many comments), but want to
make comment from other than contest perspective.
Whenever casually DX-ing I realize that for some reason? (some) people get my
call sign as 5B4AD (on SSB!!) although I always sign full call sign, 5B4ADA.
Some of them make comments that they have been listening for a while, that I'm
loud etc... and still don't get my complete call sign. I guess they write it
down as 5B4AD and just don't pay attention any longer. Are we (ever) going to
be able to guarantee 2 way contest QSO unless both stations have to send
other's call sign as a part of the exchange (and there will still be people who
will not get it correct!).
Whenever I'm not sure of a call sign I ask them to repeat, and other station
should do the same whenever they are not sure of my call sign. I am always
willing to repeat it and slow down if necessary, send my QSL info etc.
I am responsible for the call signs in my log, but I can't guarantee that other
station received my call sign correctly (even when DX-ing).
And yes, I do not copy all of them correctly when contesting, for whatever
reason, although I'm doing my best and consider myself quite accurate...but not
perfect yet.

I only hope that, if 2 way QSO is required, it should apply to all participants
and there will be no score deductions for an error in one log for some people,?
but for all.
If K1AR logged me (c4a) as K4A and I get penalized for his error (sorry John),
and K1AR gets c4w as K4W and C4W doesn't get penalized for John's error (sorry
once again John) than I won't consider it as a fair score computing. As long as
it applies to ALL participants, it will be THE RULE.

73 Ivo 5B4ADA (not 5B4AD) & C4A???? (not K4A) when contesting

PS. K1AR was my first contest QSO years ago. And yes, I received his card so
nobody got penalized for that QSO.