CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] new CQWW scoring rules (100% conjecture)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] new CQWW scoring rules (100% conjecture)
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:12:38 +0100
Legacy curse of CQ WW contest is 2 points for inter-NA QSO which supossedly
stimulates Carribean DX-peds.  Most of people moved further South to 3
points islands.  Increased EU participation makes plain EA8/CT3 interesting.

I was aware of all this when making SCC RTTY rules in 1990's on open
internet forum.  The solutin was to give 1 point to different areas in big
countries, 2 points for same continent and 3 points for intercontinental.
I was warned that huge USA population would easily win but that never
happened!  I was glad to later print K5ZD/1, W2UP/3, AD1c/0 :-)

Once upon a time YU was a nice country of 20M+ people but now I earn 1 point
working former republics.  I feel USA, JA, UA9/0 and others should also
score 1 point for each QSO.  DX-ing might be done on all other working days.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU