CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] SDR Mythbusters - ADC Overload myths debunked...

To: "'Mark van Wijk'" <pa5mw@home.nl>, "'cq-contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SDR Mythbusters - ADC Overload myths debunked...
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 16:29:11 +0100
Mark, I thought for a long time that a carrier as a steady signal but in the
case of ADC it overflows only at the short peaks and it can often be
tolerated!

Weak signal can be detected by human operator with analog RX in the case of
speech and CW.  DSP systems are much better in advanced modulations.

Hams are amazed by HF PSK while EME in 21st century is done by WSJT with
reasonable hardware.  It is easier for me to make RTTY LP QSO than CW :-(

DSP noise reduction greatly enhances weak signal detection due to human
hearing abilities.  No way to do it with my beloved electronic circuits.

73 de Mario, S56A

  _____