CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] On my signing that summary sheet

Subject: [CQ-Contest] On my signing that summary sheet
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Sun Feb 3 16:01:31 2002
I don't sign summary sheets any more except for a rare contest that
requires paper logs.  I assume that submission of a log means that you
are making a similar declaration.

I always thought the declaration meant two things:  1)  I did not
intentionally violate a contest rule or governing regulation and 2) I
agree that the judges' decisions will be accepted.

I doubt that the sponsors expect us to withhold our logs because we made
an unintentional error even if we got a FCC citation for it.

There was a time when you could be disqualified from ARRL contests for
receipt of an FCC pink ticket or two Official Observer cards for
operations during the contest.  I guess you couldn't have been
disqualified if you didn't submit the log, so that might be the result
back in those days.  I think the sponsors want to receive logs from all
contesters who do not intentionally violate the rules.  Of course, you
might have to submit it in another category (high power vs low power.
for example) even for an unintentional error.

73,

John, K4BAI.

From: Silver Ward" <hwardsil1@mindspring.com (Silver Ward)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Been there, done that - felt 1" tall....

"I didn't do it.  Nobody saw me.  You can't prove anything." - Bart Simpson

73, Ward N0AX

PS - It wasn't "TU", but something similar...

From: Silver Ward" <hwardsil1@mindspring.com (Silver Ward)

As with most things, it's the intent that matters.

73, Ward N0AX