CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Contests and Packet

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contests and Packet
From: k6km@cncnet.com (Bill Snider)
Date: Wed Feb 20 21:03:13 2002
I've long been an advocate for shutting down all packet during
major (TBD) contests. So far, support for this idea has been
nonexistent. Maybe it isn't as important now that we can access
spotting data via the internet.

In the past, nodemeisters had the power to elimnate their contest
competition merely by locking 'em out of their cluster. It happened
to me. It could happen again to anyone who wants to do a serious
multiop without internet access.

I'm not one to negate techincal progress and I envy those who
have found new ways to make bigger scores through tech innovation.
BUT local packet did and maybe still does give too much
power to the node sysop.

Shields up.

Bill K6KM