CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Contesters with Yaesu 990 and 100D

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesters with Yaesu 990 and 100D
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Thu Sep 5 22:42:18 2002
tnx -

...for over a year now I have not had the station set up for SO2R, two
rig changes as well as a station reconfiguration - wanna use the Sprint
to get back in the groove...have done everything either single radio or
multi-op since then and want the single op ability to return to SO2R.

...have acquired a Heil audio mixing box, now for the next question -
since I have the two rigs at the contest site - not here - I would like
to fabricate my cables for the audio ahead of timwe but do not remember
how the audio outputs of the two following rigs (their speaker jacks)
appear.

YAUSU GUYS, look on the back of your rigs for me - what are the speaker
jacks?

FT990 - I think this one is a push on RCA plug, have the service manual
here and it looks to be that anyhow...

FT1000D - forget, am worried it is funky due to the dual receive option

I hope to use each as a monaural source to be mixed left into left right
into right...so need to know if I need two push on RCA plugs one for
each source or is the speaker output for the 1000D a 1/4" stereo or mono
plug etc...

THANKS!  The station (and rigs) are at my folks place and if I can get
an answer here I will be able to have the cable ready when I get there
for the contest this weekend versus a last minute run to Radio shack for
an adaptor or cable (please tell me neither of these is a DIN cable)

73,

Jim, K4OJ