CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (Dave Pruett)
Date: Fri Feb 8 14:51:36 2002
At 10:38 AM 2/8/02 -0500, Joe Subich, K4IK wrote:
>NA Sprints have been around a long time but not on the second weekend of
>February.  It is only since NCJ unilaterally moved Sprint "on top of"
>CQ WPX RTTY that the issue surfaced.  For an ARRL publication to make
>a change of this kind without consulting, is akin to DARC, JARL, IARL,
>or RSGB sponsoring a SSTV contest on the first weekend of March.

Joe,

Better check your dates.  I looked it up and according to the QST Contest
Corral, the first CW Sprint held on the second weekend in February was in
1995, the same year that CQ WPX RTTY started on that weekend.

So the argument of who was there first has no winner - both contests
arrived on that weekend the same year.

The slams against the NCJ concerning this issue are unfounded.

Dave/K8CC