CQ-Contest

RE: [CQ-Contest] RTTY and CW Sprints

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] RTTY and CW Sprints
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:42:28 -0800
Joe, K4IK wrote:

===
No, it is the sponsors of a NORTH AMERICAN contest who chose
to move it into conflict with an INTERNATIONAL RTTY contest.
The solution is to return CW Sprint to the first weekend of
February and Phone Sprint to the second weekend.  If the
conflict with the FOC Marathon is that much of a problem
FOC can move to the second weekend as their operation
rarely extends high enough to conflict with RTTY WPX.
===

In order to avoid such chaos and disharmony, it would seem to me that reasonable, intelligent people from the different Major contest sponsoring organizations could achieve a workable joint scheduling plan IN-ADVANCE.

Can we therefore expect the Contest Calendar for 2006 to NOT have these glitches? There is a "Contest Central Scheduling Computer" on order, right?

I certainly hope so...for everyone's sake and contesting "joy".

73...

Rick, K6VVA