CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] you gotta have rhythm

Subject: [CQ-Contest] you gotta have rhythm
From: k5iid@ntelos.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Thu May 23 00:29:18 2002
Bill,
  Yeah, I know what you mean. What I really don't understand is how
people confuse my name the way they do, My name isn't particularily
difficult and certainly is not unusual.
I tell folks that my name is Tom, and I cannot tell you how many
times they have come back and called me "Carl".  "Carl" ?
No wonder I prefer CW these days, obviously I don't speak very well !
73,
TOM (not carl)
K5IID

At 23:26 05/21/02 -0400, Bill Coleman wrote:
>On 5/18/02 9:58 PM, Tom Osborne at w7why@harborside.com wrote:
>
> >Another problem is my check of "54" in the fone SS.
>
>Yeah. About a dozen folks copied my "75" as "35" in Phone SS out of over
>600 Qs. And made sure I said "Sev-en-ty Five" or "Seven Five" How they
>get that confused is beyond me....
>
>Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@arrl.net
>Quote: "Not within a thousand years will man ever fly!"
>             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Tom Horton
K5IID in West "BY GAWD" Virginia
" E " sorter for the W5 Bureau