CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] It Is What It Is

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] It Is What It Is
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:58:14 EST
After hearing for the umpteenth time on how we can "level the playing
field", how we should score points in our own continent, how we should abide by

band plans that make sense in some parts of the world and not in others, etc,
etc, I've finally come to the conclusion that IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!

There is no practical way to equalize propagation, multipliers, band plans,
etc to make everyone happy. Never even mind that Asia has much of the  contest
on a Monday!  I love this contest and play in it to satisfy my  desire to
improve and sometimes even find some similarly equipped station in my  zone to
compete with.

I noted the seeming glee of the my CW buddies on Sunday night after the
contest was over.  It seemed like there was a lot more activity than on a
typical
Sunday night.  Maybe we need to have our turf threatened once in a  while so
that we appreciate it.  Yeah, I was a little ticked when I heard  SSB on 7015,
but there was still plenty of space to operate.

CQWW has evolved in a manner that first of all ensures it's survival by not
giving one group an overwhelming advantage over any other, but it also
affords opportunities for winning scores if you choose a strategic  location.
No,
it is not perfect, and I know of no way that it ever will  be.  Simply, it is
what it is.

Paul, K5AF